Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm a little too awesome.

Sen. Barack Obama was a comedy hit at the Al Smith Dinner last night...



"Many of you know that I got my name, Barack, from my father. What you may not know is that Barack is actually Swahili for 'that one'," he said, referring to his Kenyan father.

"And I got my middle name from somebody who obviously didn't think I'd ever run for president," Obama said.

"But to name my greatest strength I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome."

"But at least we’ve moved past the days when the main criticism coming from the McCain campaign was that I’m some celebrity. I have to admit that that really hurt. I got so angry about it I punched the paparazzi in the face on my way out of Spago’s. I’m serious. I even spilled my soy chai latte all over my shih tzu. It was really embarrassing."

---

On another note...the "Artists for Obama" campaign is back in full force. Jonathan Hoefler, Robert Indiana, and Lou Stovall contribute to the campaign with three new pieces.

"Possible" by type designer Jonathan Hoefler


"Hope" by Robert Indiana


"Sea to Shining Sea" by artist Lou Stovall



Share on Facebook

No comments: