Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Worst Nightmare...

From Jon...

WLKY reports - "Louisville Man Endures Year-Long Bout With Hiccups"


LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Almost everyone has had hiccups at some point in their lives.

But a man living in Louisville contacted WLKY because, as of the end of November, it will be one year he's been suffering with hiccups -- and the situation is getting worse.

Except for a break only a few days a month, his hiccups have not gone away in a year.

Doctors said we get the hiccups when what's called the vagus nerve, which runs from the brain to the abdomen, gets irritated.

Milton showed us the dozens of medications doctors have prescribed to him that have not helped. He even went to the Mayo Clinic for nerve block surgery.

"I thought I was good driving back from Cleveland back to Louisville, but by the time we got to Cincinnati, the hiccups came back," he said. "I believe in God and I trust God, but I tell my wife sometimes if I got to be like this the rest of my life I'd just rather go on 'cause it's very frustrating."

Share on Facebook

No comments: