Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Steven's Favorite Things

Continuing my version of Oprah's Favorite Things - sadly I'm not giving these to an entire live audience - I present to you Common Projects.

(I've been wanting to write a post on these ever since I started this blog. I was waiting to own a pair before I blogged but that price tag really slowed that momentum. Well now I own a pair and am looking for a second - holla.)

---

Stuck in an endless debate on the virtues of color, material, brand, cultural allegiances and street cred, those deliberating their next sneaker purchase often find themselves at an impasse, torn between the bitchin' magenta scene-stealers and the innocuous lace-ups that won't be regrettable in a few months. Though the jury's still out on what the right choice is at any given moment, my vote goes for the classic and simple.


Common Projects - A collaboration between designers Prathan Poopat and Flavio Girolami, the Common Projects label emphasizes form, which sticks to the basics, function, which is undoubtedly utilitarian, and material, which is always luxe. The brand's criteria - stylish rise, uniform color and stitching, supple Nappa leather base, and signature model number stamp—the label's only indicator. One look at these all-weather winners, and it's clear this season's sneakers are altogether seasonless, making the choice, at least this time around, an easy one.


www.commonprojects.com

Can be found at Odin NYC.

Share on Facebook

No comments: